1. I'm a fiend for oysters, smoked or raw. Oddly, not many people seem to share this trait. More for me.
2. I'm a humanist. People are amazing when they believe in themselves.
3. Just finished reading Ysabel, by Guy Gavriel Kay. Not bad; the way he connects ancient life and modern times works well enough, but it's not quite the book I thought it was going to be.
4. I still get a kick out of seeing my name in print. You'd think it would get old...
5. I'm going to visit Europe for the first time in... oh 10 years or so this summer. I'll see some cousins I haven't seen in 20 years or more. Can't wait.
6. Reading the National Geographic that arrived yesterday, I realized that my fears about Florida are coming true faster than expected. The seas will drown it by 2100, maybe sooner. Somehow, it's won't quite be the same as Atlantis, but still, I find it odd that people living there now aren't more concerned about future generations of Floridians...
7. I think Polish winged hussars are the coolest equestrians in history. I'd like to ride a horse again sometime soon.
In the interest of not spreading memes, I'm not tagging anyone. Silly internet chain letters, off my lawn. :)